Chipper finally wears the Golden Sombrero

May 28, 2009, 1:24 PM EDT

It took 2,060 games, but Chipper Jones finally had the first Golden Sombrero of his 16-year career last night, striking out four times against Randy Johnson and the Giants.

Prior to last night there had been a total of 1,279 instances of a
player striking out at least four times in a game since Jones joined
the Braves’ lineup full time in 1995.

But wait, there’s more (blame the wonder that is Baseball-Reference.com).

Those 1,279 instances came from 577 different players, 14 of whom
had double-digit games with at least four strikeouts before Jones even
had one. Jim Thome led the double-digit crew with 16 four-strikeout
games, followed by Sammy Sosa with 15.

Jones watched 28 different Braves teammates strike out four or more
times in a game before joining the club himself, led by Andruw Jones
with 10. Jeff Francoeur and Kelly Johnson were among those 28 and
according to Jones “they shook my hand and welcomed me in.”

1. HEEL PADS - Jan 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Shoe lifts are wedge-shaped blocks that slip in the heel portion of a shoe, with the intention of adding elevation under one or both feet for therapeutic purposes. People who suffer foot pain when wearing shoes for an extended time. Shoe inserts can reduce suffering. Heel lifts are also perfect for those who wish to increase their height.

• asimonetti88 - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Excellent, thank you.

2. SHOE LIFTS - Feb 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Being shorter is not a crime, if everybody else around you is taller, it is obvious you would like to to look taller as well.

3. Steve Turnbow - Feb 3, 2010 at 5:38 AM

Hello, excellent blog, I thouroughly enjoyed reading this. the post gave me the push to try my own post, please check my post by clicking my name at the top of this comment, Many thanks

4. Markus Gumb - Feb 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Hello there, excellent blog, I thouroughly enjoyed reading this. This article gave me the kick to attempt my own article, please check my post by clicking my name at the top of this comment, thanks

Three legends off to Cooperstown