Jun 1, 2009, 12:19 PM EDT
* Chico Harlan of the Washington Post speculates that Nationals manager Manny Acta’s job is in danger after general manager Mike Rizzo tip-toed around the issue yesterday.
I’m an Acta fan because he’s engaging and interested in sabermetrics,
but he’s also 145-227 (.390) as Nationals skipper and the team has lost
15 of 17 games on the way to an MLB-worst 13-36 record.
* Jeremy Bonderman made his third minor-league rehab start last night at Triple-A,
totaling five strikeouts and zero walks over eight shutout innings.
However, his fastball was clocked at 88-90 miles per hour compared to
Bonderman’s pre-injury average of 92-94 mph.
* Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports
that “there is almost zero chance” of the Yankees re-signing impending
free agent Hideki Matsui “even if he were to finish with a strong
season.” Matsui is hitting .263/.347/.487 in 44 games and turns 35
years old next week.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)