Jun 2, 2009, 12:46 PM EDT
* Hard as it may be to believe, here’s the complete list
of every left-handed pitcher in baseball history with more wins than
Jamie Moyer: Warren Spahn, Steve Carlton, Eddie Plank, Tom Glavine,
Lefty Grove, Randy Johnson, Tommy John, Jim Kaat, Eppa Rixey, Carl
Hubbell. All of which is made even more amazing by the fact that Moyer
had a 34-54 record when he turned 30 years old.
* A’s manager Bob Geren said yesterday
that Justin Duchscherer’s recovery from spring elbow surgery has been
delayed because of back problems, making him unlikely to return from
the disabled list before the All-Star break.
* Ozzie Guillen continues to downplay the notion of Gordon Beckham joining the White Sox in the second half, saying:
“The last thing we worry about is Beckham, and I don’t know why people
in Chicago fell in love with this kid. He’s a great player, he’s going
to be in the big leagues, he’s going to be a big part of this
organization pretty soon. But we don’t have Beckham on our mind right
now. I don’t and I’m the one making the lineup. If we have Beckham
here, we’re in trouble.”
* Miguel Angel Sano, a 16-year-old shortstop from the Dominican Republic, is the latest stud international prospect to have MLB teams salivating.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)