Jun 2, 2009, 1:29 PM EDT
You want me to respond to something we haven’t made an overture
towards? He probably hasn’t been asked the question, and someone has
written or talked about it as though it were something that was
imminent or a reality. And it’s not.
I really prefer not to get into confirming or denying something
because you tip your hand, and if you tip your hand, you don’t get
anything done. But I’ll make the exception so everyone can relax a
little bit. I haven’t talked to the Houston Astros about any pitching
Of course, if the last-place Astros think of themselves as buyers at the trading deadline all of the Oswalt-to-Chicago speculation is a moot point anyway.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)