Jun 2, 2009, 1:29 PM EST
You want me to respond to something we haven’t made an overture
towards? He probably hasn’t been asked the question, and someone has
written or talked about it as though it were something that was
imminent or a reality. And it’s not.
I really prefer not to get into confirming or denying something
because you tip your hand, and if you tip your hand, you don’t get
anything done. But I’ll make the exception so everyone can relax a
little bit. I haven’t talked to the Houston Astros about any pitching
Of course, if the last-place Astros think of themselves as buyers at the trading deadline all of the Oswalt-to-Chicago speculation is a moot point anyway.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)