Jun 2, 2009, 1:29 PM EDT
You want me to respond to something we haven’t made an overture
towards? He probably hasn’t been asked the question, and someone has
written or talked about it as though it were something that was
imminent or a reality. And it’s not.
I really prefer not to get into confirming or denying something
because you tip your hand, and if you tip your hand, you don’t get
anything done. But I’ll make the exception so everyone can relax a
little bit. I haven’t talked to the Houston Astros about any pitching
Of course, if the last-place Astros think of themselves as buyers at the trading deadline all of the Oswalt-to-Chicago speculation is a moot point anyway.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)