Jun 6, 2009, 2:46 PM EDT
“After this contract, I’m done. I’m
serious. I don’t want to play. I want to help this team, I want to do
everything possible to win with this team, but after five years or four
years, or whatever I have left on my contract, I just don’t want to
“I think it shows zero class and zero
professionalism. When somebody says that, they know what they’re
saying, and they know it’s going to get out. He knows we’re not going
to be real happy about it. If you go and say that to your buddies, it’s
one thing. If you go to the media and make that public for us to hear?
Yeah, that’s no class.”
- Adam LaRoche, the self-appointed team leader, reacting to what Carlos Beltran had to say
after the Mets got swept in Pittsburgh this week. Should we expect
fireworks a couple days early when the teams meet again on July 2?
“We’ll see how it goes the next couple of days.”
- Bruce Bochy comments on the debate of who should bat cleanup
for the Giants. With a .306 batting average, .822 OPS and the
difference-making two-run homer against the Marlins on Friday night,
Pablo Sandoval is threatening to take the spot in the order from the
scuffling Bengie Molina.
“I just missed it. I’ve got nothing more to say.”
- Pedro Feliz, who uncharacteristically booted a groundball
with two outs in the ninth inning against the Dodgers on Friday night.
The error opened the door for a game-winning RBI double by Andre
“We’ve been trying to watch his pitch
count. I’m sure he would have liked to have a complete-game shutout but
we’re trying to take it easy on him a little bit.”
- Ken Macha on Yovani Gallardo’s two-hit, eight-inning effort
against the Braves on Friday night. He was yanked after throwing 110
pitches. Gallardo moved to 6-2 with the victory, and has compiled a
sterling 2.84 ERA and 1.08 WHIP in 73 innings this season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy