Jun 6, 2009, 2:46 PM EDT
“After this contract, I’m done. I’m
serious. I don’t want to play. I want to help this team, I want to do
everything possible to win with this team, but after five years or four
years, or whatever I have left on my contract, I just don’t want to
“I think it shows zero class and zero
professionalism. When somebody says that, they know what they’re
saying, and they know it’s going to get out. He knows we’re not going
to be real happy about it. If you go and say that to your buddies, it’s
one thing. If you go to the media and make that public for us to hear?
Yeah, that’s no class.”
- Adam LaRoche, the self-appointed team leader, reacting to what Carlos Beltran had to say
after the Mets got swept in Pittsburgh this week. Should we expect
fireworks a couple days early when the teams meet again on July 2?
“We’ll see how it goes the next couple of days.”
- Bruce Bochy comments on the debate of who should bat cleanup
for the Giants. With a .306 batting average, .822 OPS and the
difference-making two-run homer against the Marlins on Friday night,
Pablo Sandoval is threatening to take the spot in the order from the
scuffling Bengie Molina.
“I just missed it. I’ve got nothing more to say.”
- Pedro Feliz, who uncharacteristically booted a groundball
with two outs in the ninth inning against the Dodgers on Friday night.
The error opened the door for a game-winning RBI double by Andre
“We’ve been trying to watch his pitch
count. I’m sure he would have liked to have a complete-game shutout but
we’re trying to take it easy on him a little bit.”
- Ken Macha on Yovani Gallardo’s two-hit, eight-inning effort
against the Braves on Friday night. He was yanked after throwing 110
pitches. Gallardo moved to 6-2 with the victory, and has compiled a
sterling 2.84 ERA and 1.08 WHIP in 73 innings this season.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)