Jun 8, 2009, 11:47 AM EDT
* Bobby Crosby left yesterday’s game
in the seventh inning after his wife called to tell him that she was
going into labor with the couple’s first child. Oddly, that may be the
only thing that hasn’t caused Milton Bradley to leave a game early yet.
* Gordon Beckham is off to a 0-for-10 start with the White Sox after hitting .322 in the minors.
* General manager Billy Beane, on Justin Duchscherer’s comeback from elbow surgery: “He’s not even close to being ready.”
* One start after winning his 300th game, Randy Johnson volunteered to pitch today on short rest for the first time since 2005.
* If you’ve ever wondered what the Astros’ various wives and girlfriends look like, today is your lucky day.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11