Jun 8, 2009, 11:47 AM EDT
* Bobby Crosby left yesterday’s game
in the seventh inning after his wife called to tell him that she was
going into labor with the couple’s first child. Oddly, that may be the
only thing that hasn’t caused Milton Bradley to leave a game early yet.
* Gordon Beckham is off to a 0-for-10 start with the White Sox after hitting .322 in the minors.
* General manager Billy Beane, on Justin Duchscherer’s comeback from elbow surgery: “He’s not even close to being ready.”
* One start after winning his 300th game, Randy Johnson volunteered to pitch today on short rest for the first time since 2005.
* If you’ve ever wondered what the Astros’ various wives and girlfriends look like, today is your lucky day.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (80)