Jun 8, 2009, 11:47 AM EST
* Bobby Crosby left yesterday’s game
in the seventh inning after his wife called to tell him that she was
going into labor with the couple’s first child. Oddly, that may be the
only thing that hasn’t caused Milton Bradley to leave a game early yet.
* Gordon Beckham is off to a 0-for-10 start with the White Sox after hitting .322 in the minors.
* General manager Billy Beane, on Justin Duchscherer’s comeback from elbow surgery: “He’s not even close to being ready.”
* One start after winning his 300th game, Randy Johnson volunteered to pitch today on short rest for the first time since 2005.
* If you’ve ever wondered what the Astros’ various wives and girlfriends look like, today is your lucky day.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)