Jun 8, 2009, 11:47 AM EDT
* Bobby Crosby left yesterday’s game
in the seventh inning after his wife called to tell him that she was
going into labor with the couple’s first child. Oddly, that may be the
only thing that hasn’t caused Milton Bradley to leave a game early yet.
* Gordon Beckham is off to a 0-for-10 start with the White Sox after hitting .322 in the minors.
* General manager Billy Beane, on Justin Duchscherer’s comeback from elbow surgery: “He’s not even close to being ready.”
* One start after winning his 300th game, Randy Johnson volunteered to pitch today on short rest for the first time since 2005.
* If you’ve ever wondered what the Astros’ various wives and girlfriends look like, today is your lucky day.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)