Jun 8, 2009, 11:47 AM EST
* Bobby Crosby left yesterday’s game
in the seventh inning after his wife called to tell him that she was
going into labor with the couple’s first child. Oddly, that may be the
only thing that hasn’t caused Milton Bradley to leave a game early yet.
* Gordon Beckham is off to a 0-for-10 start with the White Sox after hitting .322 in the minors.
* General manager Billy Beane, on Justin Duchscherer’s comeback from elbow surgery: “He’s not even close to being ready.”
* One start after winning his 300th game, Randy Johnson volunteered to pitch today on short rest for the first time since 2005.
* If you’ve ever wondered what the Astros’ various wives and girlfriends look like, today is your lucky day.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 6
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 57
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)