Jun 9, 2009, 3:33 PM EST
* Charlie Manuel refused to take ninth-inning duties away from Brad
Lidge despite a 7.27 ERA and six blown saves, but he’ll have no choice
now that the closer has landed on the disabled list
with a sprained knee. Ryan Madson will get the save chances in Lidge’s
absence after posting a 2.22 ERA and 31/9 K/BB ratio in 28.1 innings as
a setup man.
* Nate McLouth faced his overly emotional ex-teammates in a 15-inning Braves win last night
and went 3-for-7 with a homer while his replacement in center field,
Andrew McCutchen, went 4-for-7 with a double and two triples.
* Mike Cameron has been suspended two games
for making contact with umpire Marvin Hudson during Saturday’s game,
but the center fielder announced plans to be appeal by saying: “If you
look at the tape, you’ll see I didn’t bump him.”
* Rich Harden’s rehab outing was delayed one day because he was
feeling sick, but he was relatively effective in 4.2 innings at
Triple-A yesterday and could be cleared to rejoin the Cubs’ rotation as soon as this weekend.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)