Jun 9, 2009, 3:33 PM EDT
* Charlie Manuel refused to take ninth-inning duties away from Brad
Lidge despite a 7.27 ERA and six blown saves, but he’ll have no choice
now that the closer has landed on the disabled list
with a sprained knee. Ryan Madson will get the save chances in Lidge’s
absence after posting a 2.22 ERA and 31/9 K/BB ratio in 28.1 innings as
a setup man.
* Nate McLouth faced his overly emotional ex-teammates in a 15-inning Braves win last night
and went 3-for-7 with a homer while his replacement in center field,
Andrew McCutchen, went 4-for-7 with a double and two triples.
* Mike Cameron has been suspended two games
for making contact with umpire Marvin Hudson during Saturday’s game,
but the center fielder announced plans to be appeal by saying: “If you
look at the tape, you’ll see I didn’t bump him.”
* Rich Harden’s rehab outing was delayed one day because he was
feeling sick, but he was relatively effective in 4.2 innings at
Triple-A yesterday and could be cleared to rejoin the Cubs’ rotation as soon as this weekend.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (144)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)