Jun 10, 2009, 11:51 AM EDT
* Craig wasn’t kidding
about the Nationals having little trouble getting No. 10 overall pick
Drew Storen under contract. The draft isn’t even over yet and he’s
already agreed to terms on a deal, with an official announcement coming this afternoon.
If the Nationals have him skip the low minors and go directly to
Double-A or Triple-A, that’s a pretty strong indication that the former
Stanford closer could be in Washington during the second half.
* Based on this picture
it looks like the Braves fanbase may finally be turning on Jeff
Francoeur, who’s hitting .240/.289/.354 with 15 homers, a 144/48 K/BB
ratio, and 576 glowing Atlanta Journal Constitution articles since the beginning of last season.
* It sounds like the incredibly frustrating and unproductive Yuniesky
Betancourt era may be coming to an end in Seattle and the boys at
U.S.S. Mariner couldn’t be happier.
* Last night the Dodgers won their 10,000th game as a franchise.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 0
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 60
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)