Jun 10, 2009, 11:51 AM EST
* Craig wasn’t kidding
about the Nationals having little trouble getting No. 10 overall pick
Drew Storen under contract. The draft isn’t even over yet and he’s
already agreed to terms on a deal, with an official announcement coming this afternoon.
If the Nationals have him skip the low minors and go directly to
Double-A or Triple-A, that’s a pretty strong indication that the former
Stanford closer could be in Washington during the second half.
* Based on this picture
it looks like the Braves fanbase may finally be turning on Jeff
Francoeur, who’s hitting .240/.289/.354 with 15 homers, a 144/48 K/BB
ratio, and 576 glowing Atlanta Journal Constitution articles since the beginning of last season.
* It sounds like the incredibly frustrating and unproductive Yuniesky
Betancourt era may be coming to an end in Seattle and the boys at
U.S.S. Mariner couldn’t be happier.
* Last night the Dodgers won their 10,000th game as a franchise.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)