Jun 10, 2009, 11:51 AM EDT
* Craig wasn’t kidding
about the Nationals having little trouble getting No. 10 overall pick
Drew Storen under contract. The draft isn’t even over yet and he’s
already agreed to terms on a deal, with an official announcement coming this afternoon.
If the Nationals have him skip the low minors and go directly to
Double-A or Triple-A, that’s a pretty strong indication that the former
Stanford closer could be in Washington during the second half.
* Based on this picture
it looks like the Braves fanbase may finally be turning on Jeff
Francoeur, who’s hitting .240/.289/.354 with 15 homers, a 144/48 K/BB
ratio, and 576 glowing Atlanta Journal Constitution articles since the beginning of last season.
* It sounds like the incredibly frustrating and unproductive Yuniesky
Betancourt era may be coming to an end in Seattle and the boys at
U.S.S. Mariner couldn’t be happier.
* Last night the Dodgers won their 10,000th game as a franchise.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)