Jun 10, 2009, 11:51 AM EDT
* Craig wasn’t kidding
about the Nationals having little trouble getting No. 10 overall pick
Drew Storen under contract. The draft isn’t even over yet and he’s
already agreed to terms on a deal, with an official announcement coming this afternoon.
If the Nationals have him skip the low minors and go directly to
Double-A or Triple-A, that’s a pretty strong indication that the former
Stanford closer could be in Washington during the second half.
* Based on this picture
it looks like the Braves fanbase may finally be turning on Jeff
Francoeur, who’s hitting .240/.289/.354 with 15 homers, a 144/48 K/BB
ratio, and 576 glowing Atlanta Journal Constitution articles since the beginning of last season.
* It sounds like the incredibly frustrating and unproductive Yuniesky
Betancourt era may be coming to an end in Seattle and the boys at
U.S.S. Mariner couldn’t be happier.
* Last night the Dodgers won their 10,000th game as a franchise.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)