Jun 10, 2009, 11:51 AM EDT
* Craig wasn’t kidding
about the Nationals having little trouble getting No. 10 overall pick
Drew Storen under contract. The draft isn’t even over yet and he’s
already agreed to terms on a deal, with an official announcement coming this afternoon.
If the Nationals have him skip the low minors and go directly to
Double-A or Triple-A, that’s a pretty strong indication that the former
Stanford closer could be in Washington during the second half.
* Based on this picture
it looks like the Braves fanbase may finally be turning on Jeff
Francoeur, who’s hitting .240/.289/.354 with 15 homers, a 144/48 K/BB
ratio, and 576 glowing Atlanta Journal Constitution articles since the beginning of last season.
* It sounds like the incredibly frustrating and unproductive Yuniesky
Betancourt era may be coming to an end in Seattle and the boys at
U.S.S. Mariner couldn’t be happier.
* Last night the Dodgers won their 10,000th game as a franchise.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)