Jun 11, 2009, 3:41 PM EDT
* Here’s the scouting report on recent call-up Barbaro Canizares that an unnamed Braves player gave to Dave O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution:
“I heard he can’t run, can’t throw, and can’t field, but the sum@!$%#
can hit.” I’m not sure about the running, throwing, and fielding part,
but the 29-year-old Canizares hit .344 in 58 games at Triple-A and
carries a .318 career batting average.
* White Sox general manager Kenny Williams said yesterday that he’s not ready to blow up the 27-33 team yet, but Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times speculates that veterans like Jermaine Dye, Octavio Dotel, and perhaps even Bobby Jenks “could be elsewhere before the trade deadline.”
Jake Fox went 5-for-12 with two doubles for the Cubs after hitting .424
with 17 homers and 51 RBIs in 41 games at Triple-A, but still couldn’t
avoid a trip back to Iowa.
* Is the Angels’ middle infield at Triple-A better than the big-league version?
* David Ortiz’s modest hot streak may be put on hold because of interleague play.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final