Jun 11, 2009, 4:43 PM EDT
- The Red Sox selected
outfielder Michael Yastrzemski, Carl’s grandson, in the 36th round. The
youngest Yaz is expected to ask for first-round money to back out of a
commitment to play at Vanderbilt, but the Red Sox likely have a better
chance of signing him than anyone else would have.
- Catcher Austin Maddox, the lone Baseball America top-100 player
still on the board entering day three, finally went to the Rays in the
37th round. He has a scholarship at Florida awaiting him.
- Muhammed Ali’s adopted son, Asaad, was picked in the 40th round by the Angels. Ali is an 18-year-old catcher out of Michigan.
- The White Sox took the sons of GM Ken Williams and coach Harold Baines in the 43rd and 45th rounds, respectively.
- The Cubs grabbed Reds GM Walt Jocketty’s son, Joey, in the 47th round.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)