Jun 11, 2009, 4:43 PM EDT
- The Red Sox selected
outfielder Michael Yastrzemski, Carl’s grandson, in the 36th round. The
youngest Yaz is expected to ask for first-round money to back out of a
commitment to play at Vanderbilt, but the Red Sox likely have a better
chance of signing him than anyone else would have.
- Catcher Austin Maddox, the lone Baseball America top-100 player
still on the board entering day three, finally went to the Rays in the
37th round. He has a scholarship at Florida awaiting him.
- Muhammed Ali’s adopted son, Asaad, was picked in the 40th round by the Angels. Ali is an 18-year-old catcher out of Michigan.
- The White Sox took the sons of GM Ken Williams and coach Harold Baines in the 43rd and 45th rounds, respectively.
- The Cubs grabbed Reds GM Walt Jocketty’s son, Joey, in the 47th round.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead