Jun 11, 2009, 4:43 PM EDT
– The Red Sox selected
outfielder Michael Yastrzemski, Carl’s grandson, in the 36th round. The
youngest Yaz is expected to ask for first-round money to back out of a
commitment to play at Vanderbilt, but the Red Sox likely have a better
chance of signing him than anyone else would have.
– Catcher Austin Maddox, the lone Baseball America top-100 player
still on the board entering day three, finally went to the Rays in the
37th round. He has a scholarship at Florida awaiting him.
– Muhammed Ali’s adopted son, Asaad, was picked in the 40th round by the Angels. Ali is an 18-year-old catcher out of Michigan.
– The White Sox took the sons of GM Ken Williams and coach Harold Baines in the 43rd and 45th rounds, respectively.
– The Cubs grabbed Reds GM Walt Jocketty’s son, Joey, in the 47th round.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)