Jun 12, 2009, 5:07 PM EDT
As if things weren’t already going badly enough, Milton Bradley misplaced his brain on the way to the ballpark Friday.
– In the sixth inning, with Bradley on second and Mike Fontenot on
third, Derrek Lee hit a routine grounder to third. The Twins were
conceding the run, but Bradley took off for third on the play and ran
right into the out.
– In the seventh inning, Bradley lost a flyball in the sun in right, helping the Twins scored a run.
– In the eighth, he caught Joe Mauer’s routine flyball into right,
stood there and stared at nothing for three seconds and then
underhanded the ball into the bleachers. After the second out of the
The third blunder had no effect on the scoreboard, as Bradley
wouldn’t have thrown out Nick Punto on the sac fly anyway. It did allow
Brendan Harris to advance from first base, but Justin Morneau went on
to fly out to end the inning. Also, he likely was a net asset on the
day anyway, since he had a two-run double in the sixth that gave him
just his third multi-RBI game of the season.
Bradley, though, deserves the scorn of Cubs fans for his performance
so far. He still has time to make up for it and turn these first 10
weeks into nothing more than a bad memory, but first, he needs to get
his head into the game.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)