Jun 12, 2009, 5:07 PM EST
As if things weren’t already going badly enough, Milton Bradley misplaced his brain on the way to the ballpark Friday.
– In the sixth inning, with Bradley on second and Mike Fontenot on
third, Derrek Lee hit a routine grounder to third. The Twins were
conceding the run, but Bradley took off for third on the play and ran
right into the out.
– In the seventh inning, Bradley lost a flyball in the sun in right, helping the Twins scored a run.
- In the eighth, he caught Joe Mauer’s routine flyball into right,
stood there and stared at nothing for three seconds and then
underhanded the ball into the bleachers. After the second out of the
The third blunder had no effect on the scoreboard, as Bradley
wouldn’t have thrown out Nick Punto on the sac fly anyway. It did allow
Brendan Harris to advance from first base, but Justin Morneau went on
to fly out to end the inning. Also, he likely was a net asset on the
day anyway, since he had a two-run double in the sixth that gave him
just his third multi-RBI game of the season.
Bradley, though, deserves the scorn of Cubs fans for his performance
so far. He still has time to make up for it and turn these first 10
weeks into nothing more than a bad memory, but first, he needs to get
his head into the game.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)