Jun 12, 2009, 5:07 PM EDT
As if things weren’t already going badly enough, Milton Bradley misplaced his brain on the way to the ballpark Friday.
– In the sixth inning, with Bradley on second and Mike Fontenot on
third, Derrek Lee hit a routine grounder to third. The Twins were
conceding the run, but Bradley took off for third on the play and ran
right into the out.
– In the seventh inning, Bradley lost a flyball in the sun in right, helping the Twins scored a run.
– In the eighth, he caught Joe Mauer’s routine flyball into right,
stood there and stared at nothing for three seconds and then
underhanded the ball into the bleachers. After the second out of the
The third blunder had no effect on the scoreboard, as Bradley
wouldn’t have thrown out Nick Punto on the sac fly anyway. It did allow
Brendan Harris to advance from first base, but Justin Morneau went on
to fly out to end the inning. Also, he likely was a net asset on the
day anyway, since he had a two-run double in the sixth that gave him
just his third multi-RBI game of the season.
Bradley, though, deserves the scorn of Cubs fans for his performance
so far. He still has time to make up for it and turn these first 10
weeks into nothing more than a bad memory, but first, he needs to get
his head into the game.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)