Jun 12, 2009, 12:53 PM EDT
* From the “hey, it’s Friday and this amused me for some reason” department, the Boston Herald reports
that A.J. Burnett was thrown out of a Boston-area Barnes & Noble
the morning after his poor start against the Red Sox “for swearing on
his cell phone.”
A source told the newspaper that “he was swearing and stuff and the
security guard went over and told him to quiet down because there were
kids around.” And then when Burnett declined that request, the
“elderly” security guard on duty “told him to hit the road.”
* Bobby Valentine was told by the Chiba Lotte Marines that his contract will not be renewed, so 100,000 fans signed a petition to keep him as manager.
* Not since Rich Garces has someone looked this good throwing a baseball.
* Try as they might, Washington Post writers can’t escape Lastings Milledge and the Nationals.
* Jonathan Papelbon has been fined $1,000 for “violating pace-of-game guidelines” when entering games.
* Rob Dibble apparently isn’t a big fan of Rob Neyer or Keith Law. I’m sure they’re equally crushed.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 36
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 22
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)