Jun 12, 2009, 12:53 PM EDT
* From the “hey, it’s Friday and this amused me for some reason” department, the Boston Herald reports
that A.J. Burnett was thrown out of a Boston-area Barnes & Noble
the morning after his poor start against the Red Sox “for swearing on
his cell phone.”
A source told the newspaper that “he was swearing and stuff and the
security guard went over and told him to quiet down because there were
kids around.” And then when Burnett declined that request, the
“elderly” security guard on duty “told him to hit the road.”
* Bobby Valentine was told by the Chiba Lotte Marines that his contract will not be renewed, so 100,000 fans signed a petition to keep him as manager.
* Not since Rich Garces has someone looked this good throwing a baseball.
* Try as they might, Washington Post writers can’t escape Lastings Milledge and the Nationals.
* Jonathan Papelbon has been fined $1,000 for “violating pace-of-game guidelines” when entering games.
* Rob Dibble apparently isn’t a big fan of Rob Neyer or Keith Law. I’m sure they’re equally crushed.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)