Jun 13, 2009, 7:06 PM EDT
– Anthony Swarzak pitched seven shutout innings against the Cubs on Saturday, but was promptly optioned to Triple-A Rochester following the game.
– The Red Sox still aren’t sure what to do with John Smoltz. His rehab stint comes to an end next Friday.
– Brian Bruney doesn’t like what Francisco Rodriguez does on the mound. Brian Who?
– Cody Ross and Jeremy Hermida launched two-run homers in a 6-5 win over the Blue Jays on Saturday afternoon.
– Roy Halladay won’t pitch until at least next Saturday after straining his right groin on Friday night.
– “Harry Doyle” will throw out the first pitch of Monday’s Brewers-Indians game.
– In an interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer, among other things, Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said there’s still no timetable on Joey Votto’s return.
– And finally, the Yankees are reportedly the newest potential suitor
for infield prospect Miguel Angel Sano. The Pirates, Indians, Twins and
Orioles are among the other teams believed to have interest in the
16-year-old from the Dominican Republic.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)