Jun 13, 2009, 7:06 PM EDT
– Anthony Swarzak pitched seven shutout innings against the Cubs on Saturday, but was promptly optioned to Triple-A Rochester following the game.
– The Red Sox still aren’t sure what to do with John Smoltz. His rehab stint comes to an end next Friday.
– Brian Bruney doesn’t like what Francisco Rodriguez does on the mound. Brian Who?
– Cody Ross and Jeremy Hermida launched two-run homers in a 6-5 win over the Blue Jays on Saturday afternoon.
– Roy Halladay won’t pitch until at least next Saturday after straining his right groin on Friday night.
– “Harry Doyle” will throw out the first pitch of Monday’s Brewers-Indians game.
– In an interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer, among other things, Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said there’s still no timetable on Joey Votto’s return.
– And finally, the Yankees are reportedly the newest potential suitor
for infield prospect Miguel Angel Sano. The Pirates, Indians, Twins and
Orioles are among the other teams believed to have interest in the
16-year-old from the Dominican Republic.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)