Jun 14, 2009, 6:42 PM EDT
– Hanley Ramirez wasn’t too happy that the Marlins didn’t retaliate after he was hit by a pitch during a 11-3 laugher over the Blue Jays on Sunday.
– Johan Santana was torched for a career-high nine runs
over three innings in part of a 15-0 loss to the Yankees on Sunday
afternoon. His ERA jumped nearly a full run, from 2.39 to 3.29, in the
— On the strength of a six-run seventh inning, the Phillies took the Sunday finale from the Red Sox.
– Unhappy with a .246 team batting average, good enough for 13th in the league, the Cubs did the old empty gesture by firing hitting coach Gerald Perry on Sunday.
– Eric Chavez will undergo a second surgery on his back that will cost him the rest of the season.
– Corey Hart slugged a pair of solo homers in a 5-4 loss to the White Sox on Sunday. Trevor Hoffman gave up his first run of the season in the ninth inning, taking the loss.
– Bothered by right shoulder tendinitis, Frank Francisco was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday.
– And finally, the Red Sox have fielded multiple calls
for Brad Penny. Because he signed as a free agent, the 31-year-old is
not eligible to be traded until June 15. Penny is 5-2 with a 5.32 ERA
in 12 starts this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)