Jun 14, 2009, 6:42 PM EDT
– Hanley Ramirez wasn’t too happy that the Marlins didn’t retaliate after he was hit by a pitch during a 11-3 laugher over the Blue Jays on Sunday.
– Johan Santana was torched for a career-high nine runs
over three innings in part of a 15-0 loss to the Yankees on Sunday
afternoon. His ERA jumped nearly a full run, from 2.39 to 3.29, in the
— On the strength of a six-run seventh inning, the Phillies took the Sunday finale from the Red Sox.
– Unhappy with a .246 team batting average, good enough for 13th in the league, the Cubs did the old empty gesture by firing hitting coach Gerald Perry on Sunday.
– Eric Chavez will undergo a second surgery on his back that will cost him the rest of the season.
– Corey Hart slugged a pair of solo homers in a 5-4 loss to the White Sox on Sunday. Trevor Hoffman gave up his first run of the season in the ninth inning, taking the loss.
– Bothered by right shoulder tendinitis, Frank Francisco was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday.
– And finally, the Red Sox have fielded multiple calls
for Brad Penny. Because he signed as a free agent, the 31-year-old is
not eligible to be traded until June 15. Penny is 5-2 with a 5.32 ERA
in 12 starts this season.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)