Jun 14, 2009, 6:42 PM EST
- Hanley Ramirez wasn’t too happy that the Marlins didn’t retaliate after he was hit by a pitch during a 11-3 laugher over the Blue Jays on Sunday.
- Johan Santana was torched for a career-high nine runs
over three innings in part of a 15-0 loss to the Yankees on Sunday
afternoon. His ERA jumped nearly a full run, from 2.39 to 3.29, in the
– On the strength of a six-run seventh inning, the Phillies took the Sunday finale from the Red Sox.
- Unhappy with a .246 team batting average, good enough for 13th in the league, the Cubs did the old empty gesture by firing hitting coach Gerald Perry on Sunday.
- Eric Chavez will undergo a second surgery on his back that will cost him the rest of the season.
- Corey Hart slugged a pair of solo homers in a 5-4 loss to the White Sox on Sunday. Trevor Hoffman gave up his first run of the season in the ninth inning, taking the loss.
- Bothered by right shoulder tendinitis, Frank Francisco was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday.
- And finally, the Red Sox have fielded multiple calls
for Brad Penny. Because he signed as a free agent, the 31-year-old is
not eligible to be traded until June 15. Penny is 5-2 with a 5.32 ERA
in 12 starts this season.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)