Jun 16, 2009, 3:32 PM EDT
* Now that Jason Bay is starring on a contending team in a big market the baseball world seems to have discovered him,
but that has as much to do with no one paying any attention to the
Pirates as it does his actual performance with the Red Sox. Seriously.
Bay has hit .290/.389/.564 in 111 games with Boston, which while
very good is also very close to the .296/.399/.546 line that he posted
with Pittsburgh between 2005 and 2006. Take out his injury-plagued 2007
season and Bay posted a .932 OPS in Pittsburgh. He has a .953 OPS in
* Within his latest outstanding blog entry,
Joe Posnanski passes along this amusing tidbit: “Carlos Zambrano has
hit 14 home runs in his last 282 at-bats. David Ortiz has hit 10 home
runs in his last 348 at-bats.” Sure, but how many homers has Ortiz allowed during that time?
* Despite facing a year-long recovery after the second Tommy John elbow surgery of his career, Jason Isringhausen is not ready to call it quits.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17