Jun 16, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
* The San Diego Chicken is now 35 years old and the man inside the suit, Ted Giannoulas, was eligible to join AARP
five years ago. “Sometimes, I think when I’m wearing this chicken suit
I can live forever. I’m not kidding, man,” Giannoulas said. “I’m the
class clown, and I have the whole ballpark as my room.”
* Handed an international-record $4.25 million bonus when signed out
of the Dominican Republic as a 16-year-old last season, Michael Ynoa
has already run into arm problems and will be shut down for at least a month after being diagnosed with a strained right elbow.
* Despite sitting in first place at 35-27 and seeing their attendance increase 11 percent, the Rangers recently fired an undisclosed number of front-office staffers. Prior to the cuts, Texas had approximately 275 employees without including players.
* When it comes to the All-Star game balloting, Curtis Granderson has the Kid Rock vote all sewn up.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)