Jun 16, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
* The San Diego Chicken is now 35 years old and the man inside the suit, Ted Giannoulas, was eligible to join AARP
five years ago. “Sometimes, I think when I’m wearing this chicken suit
I can live forever. I’m not kidding, man,” Giannoulas said. “I’m the
class clown, and I have the whole ballpark as my room.”
* Handed an international-record $4.25 million bonus when signed out
of the Dominican Republic as a 16-year-old last season, Michael Ynoa
has already run into arm problems and will be shut down for at least a month after being diagnosed with a strained right elbow.
* Despite sitting in first place at 35-27 and seeing their attendance increase 11 percent, the Rangers recently fired an undisclosed number of front-office staffers. Prior to the cuts, Texas had approximately 275 employees without including players.
* When it comes to the All-Star game balloting, Curtis Granderson has the Kid Rock vote all sewn up.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)