Jun 20, 2009, 1:46 PM EST
If I keep going like this, I have no right to be a part of this rotation.”
- Daisuke Matsuzaka states the obvious after another poor outing
against the Braves on Friday night. Dice-K has an 8.23 ERA and 2.20
WHIP through his first eight starts. A decision on his future in the
rotation is expected on Monday.
“I’m probably going to lay low for the rest of this year.”
- The tech-savvy Tom Glavine, who informed MLB.com via text message that he isn’t quite ready to say he’s retired, but will likely not pitch this season. The 43-year old left-hander was released by the Braves earlier this month.
“This guy has been battling for a
long time to get back on the field. So it’s a pretty emotional time for
him to have pain in his shoulder again.”
- Diamondbacks manager A.J. Hinch on the news that Brandon Webb required an MRI on his ailing right shoulder
on Friday. Word on the 2006 Cy Young award winner’s status is not
expected until next week. He could seek a second opinion, as well,
before opting for surgery.
“It’s a step that we had to take. We needed to do something like this.”
- Manny Acta, still the manager of the Nationals,
after a 2-1 victory in 11 innings over the Blue Jays on Friday night.
The win extended their winning streak to three games, matching a
“We have a responsibility to do our due diligence. I think a lot more is being made of it publicly than really exists.”
- Rays executive vice president Andrew Friedman comments on the club’s interest, or lack thereof,
in free-agent Pedro Martinez. The Rays were among several teams in
attendance when the 37-year-old pitcher threw in the Dominican Republic
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 26
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 56
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)