Jun 20, 2009, 7:09 PM EDT
- Kerry Wood blew his second save in as many days
against his former team. The Cubs defeated the Indians 6-5 in 13
innings on Saturday afternoon for their third consecutive walk-off win.
- Following up on an earlier story, Daisuke Matsuzaka’s next start will be skipped.
He’s scheduled to examined by team doctors to determine whether his
struggles are due to a physical problem. An MRI on his shoulder is not
out of the question. He’s a good bet to follow a similar path to that
of Chien-Ming Wang and Oliver Perez.
- Joey Votto will resume his rehab
with Single-A Dayton on Saturday night. He could join the Reds when
they return home on June 30. Votto has been sidelined since May 30 due
to stress-related issues.
- Bothered by a sore left calf, Jermaine Dye is not expected to start again until Tuesday against the Dodgers.
- Carlos Beltran plans to get an MRI on his ailing right knee.
- And finally, it’s unclear whether anybody actually saw Pedro Martinez pitch in the Dominican Republic on Friday.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59