Jun 20, 2009, 7:09 PM EDT
– Kerry Wood blew his second save in as many days
against his former team. The Cubs defeated the Indians 6-5 in 13
innings on Saturday afternoon for their third consecutive walk-off win.
– Following up on an earlier story, Daisuke Matsuzaka’s next start will be skipped.
He’s scheduled to examined by team doctors to determine whether his
struggles are due to a physical problem. An MRI on his shoulder is not
out of the question. He’s a good bet to follow a similar path to that
of Chien-Ming Wang and Oliver Perez.
– Joey Votto will resume his rehab
with Single-A Dayton on Saturday night. He could join the Reds when
they return home on June 30. Votto has been sidelined since May 30 due
to stress-related issues.
– Bothered by a sore left calf, Jermaine Dye is not expected to start again until Tuesday against the Dodgers.
– Carlos Beltran plans to get an MRI on his ailing right knee.
– And finally, it’s unclear whether anybody actually saw Pedro Martinez pitch in the Dominican Republic on Friday.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)