Jun 20, 2009, 7:09 PM EDT
– Kerry Wood blew his second save in as many days
against his former team. The Cubs defeated the Indians 6-5 in 13
innings on Saturday afternoon for their third consecutive walk-off win.
– Following up on an earlier story, Daisuke Matsuzaka’s next start will be skipped.
He’s scheduled to examined by team doctors to determine whether his
struggles are due to a physical problem. An MRI on his shoulder is not
out of the question. He’s a good bet to follow a similar path to that
of Chien-Ming Wang and Oliver Perez.
– Joey Votto will resume his rehab
with Single-A Dayton on Saturday night. He could join the Reds when
they return home on June 30. Votto has been sidelined since May 30 due
to stress-related issues.
– Bothered by a sore left calf, Jermaine Dye is not expected to start again until Tuesday against the Dodgers.
– Carlos Beltran plans to get an MRI on his ailing right knee.
– And finally, it’s unclear whether anybody actually saw Pedro Martinez pitch in the Dominican Republic on Friday.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 45
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (143)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)