Jun 20, 2009, 7:09 PM EDT
– Kerry Wood blew his second save in as many days
against his former team. The Cubs defeated the Indians 6-5 in 13
innings on Saturday afternoon for their third consecutive walk-off win.
– Following up on an earlier story, Daisuke Matsuzaka’s next start will be skipped.
He’s scheduled to examined by team doctors to determine whether his
struggles are due to a physical problem. An MRI on his shoulder is not
out of the question. He’s a good bet to follow a similar path to that
of Chien-Ming Wang and Oliver Perez.
– Joey Votto will resume his rehab
with Single-A Dayton on Saturday night. He could join the Reds when
they return home on June 30. Votto has been sidelined since May 30 due
to stress-related issues.
– Bothered by a sore left calf, Jermaine Dye is not expected to start again until Tuesday against the Dodgers.
– Carlos Beltran plans to get an MRI on his ailing right knee.
– And finally, it’s unclear whether anybody actually saw Pedro Martinez pitch in the Dominican Republic on Friday.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 58
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 48
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)