Jun 20, 2009, 7:09 PM EDT
– Kerry Wood blew his second save in as many days
against his former team. The Cubs defeated the Indians 6-5 in 13
innings on Saturday afternoon for their third consecutive walk-off win.
– Following up on an earlier story, Daisuke Matsuzaka’s next start will be skipped.
He’s scheduled to examined by team doctors to determine whether his
struggles are due to a physical problem. An MRI on his shoulder is not
out of the question. He’s a good bet to follow a similar path to that
of Chien-Ming Wang and Oliver Perez.
– Joey Votto will resume his rehab
with Single-A Dayton on Saturday night. He could join the Reds when
they return home on June 30. Votto has been sidelined since May 30 due
to stress-related issues.
– Bothered by a sore left calf, Jermaine Dye is not expected to start again until Tuesday against the Dodgers.
– Carlos Beltran plans to get an MRI on his ailing right knee.
– And finally, it’s unclear whether anybody actually saw Pedro Martinez pitch in the Dominican Republic on Friday.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)