Jun 22, 2009, 10:19 AM EDT
At this point, why not?
Roger Clemens might write a book to get his side of the story out in
his nasty dispute with Brian McNamee, his former trainer . . . “I’ve
already written one book earlier in my career. … At this point there
have been many conversations about me sitting down to write another
one, and I guess that is a real possibility.”
Amazon actually has him down as the author of two books, one with Peter Gammons and another with Jonathan Mayo.
Given that they’re both about how incredibly awesome he is, one can
only assume that they’re fiction, so maybe Roger isn’t counting these.
There’s only one little snag to this potential book deal, however:
In addition, a federal grand jury in Washington is investigating
whether Clemens lied when he told a Congressional committee that he
didn’t use performance-enhancing drugs.
Because it’s always a good idea to provide a grand jury with 200 pages
of new information when you’re facing a perjury indictment. Some of
your answers may have been ambiguous and unchargeable! What a public
service it would be for Clemens to provide enough context to them to
render the lies in full, clear relief. Obviously this book is a bad
idea that no good lawyer would ever allow is client to write.
Thankfully, though, Rusty Hardin is Clemens’ lawyer, and based on
everything he’s done for Roger thus far, there’s no reason to believe
he’s a good lawyer. As such, we may very well see this wonderful book
on the shelves by Christmas!
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)