Jun 22, 2009, 10:19 AM EDT
At this point, why not?
Roger Clemens might write a book to get his side of the story out in
his nasty dispute with Brian McNamee, his former trainer . . . “I’ve
already written one book earlier in my career. … At this point there
have been many conversations about me sitting down to write another
one, and I guess that is a real possibility.”
Amazon actually has him down as the author of two books, one with Peter Gammons and another with Jonathan Mayo.
Given that they’re both about how incredibly awesome he is, one can
only assume that they’re fiction, so maybe Roger isn’t counting these.
There’s only one little snag to this potential book deal, however:
In addition, a federal grand jury in Washington is investigating
whether Clemens lied when he told a Congressional committee that he
didn’t use performance-enhancing drugs.
Because it’s always a good idea to provide a grand jury with 200 pages
of new information when you’re facing a perjury indictment. Some of
your answers may have been ambiguous and unchargeable! What a public
service it would be for Clemens to provide enough context to them to
render the lies in full, clear relief. Obviously this book is a bad
idea that no good lawyer would ever allow is client to write.
Thankfully, though, Rusty Hardin is Clemens’ lawyer, and based on
everything he’s done for Roger thus far, there’s no reason to believe
he’s a good lawyer. As such, we may very well see this wonderful book
on the shelves by Christmas!
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 37
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 95
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (97)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)