Jun 22, 2009, 10:19 AM EDT
At this point, why not?
Roger Clemens might write a book to get his side of the story out in
his nasty dispute with Brian McNamee, his former trainer . . . “I’ve
already written one book earlier in my career. … At this point there
have been many conversations about me sitting down to write another
one, and I guess that is a real possibility.”
Amazon actually has him down as the author of two books, one with Peter Gammons and another with Jonathan Mayo.
Given that they’re both about how incredibly awesome he is, one can
only assume that they’re fiction, so maybe Roger isn’t counting these.
There’s only one little snag to this potential book deal, however:
In addition, a federal grand jury in Washington is investigating
whether Clemens lied when he told a Congressional committee that he
didn’t use performance-enhancing drugs.
Because it’s always a good idea to provide a grand jury with 200 pages
of new information when you’re facing a perjury indictment. Some of
your answers may have been ambiguous and unchargeable! What a public
service it would be for Clemens to provide enough context to them to
render the lies in full, clear relief. Obviously this book is a bad
idea that no good lawyer would ever allow is client to write.
Thankfully, though, Rusty Hardin is Clemens’ lawyer, and based on
everything he’s done for Roger thus far, there’s no reason to believe
he’s a good lawyer. As such, we may very well see this wonderful book
on the shelves by Christmas!
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 3
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 180
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)