Jun 24, 2009, 1:21 PM EDT
There’s no official diagnosis yet on Brandon Webb’s shoulder injury
following multiple MRI exams and he’s expected to seek a second opinion
later this week, but the Arizona Republic now reports that “surgery appears to be a strong possibility.”
The newspaper specifically mentions that Webb may need his labrum
repaired, which is generally considered the worst-case scenario for a
pitcher and carries a much lower rate of succesful recovery than Tommy
John elbow surgery.
“We met and discussed options,” general manager Josh Byrnes said.
“Everyone wants to be sure he takes the right course of action.”
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 16
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 24
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 37
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL