Jun 24, 2009, 1:21 PM EDT
There’s no official diagnosis yet on Brandon Webb’s shoulder injury
following multiple MRI exams and he’s expected to seek a second opinion
later this week, but the Arizona Republic now reports that “surgery appears to be a strong possibility.”
The newspaper specifically mentions that Webb may need his labrum
repaired, which is generally considered the worst-case scenario for a
pitcher and carries a much lower rate of succesful recovery than Tommy
John elbow surgery.
“We met and discussed options,” general manager Josh Byrnes said.
“Everyone wants to be sure he takes the right course of action.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)