Jun 24, 2009, 1:21 PM EDT
There’s no official diagnosis yet on Brandon Webb’s shoulder injury
following multiple MRI exams and he’s expected to seek a second opinion
later this week, but the Arizona Republic now reports that “surgery appears to be a strong possibility.”
The newspaper specifically mentions that Webb may need his labrum
repaired, which is generally considered the worst-case scenario for a
pitcher and carries a much lower rate of succesful recovery than Tommy
John elbow surgery.
“We met and discussed options,” general manager Josh Byrnes said.
“Everyone wants to be sure he takes the right course of action.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17