Jun 25, 2009, 11:39 AM EDT
Ramirez walked on four pitches to lead off the game and then grounded
out to shortstop in his second plate appearance, making him 0-for-3
with a walk through two games with Albuquerque.
He’s scheduled to play seven innings there today before moving on to
Single-A Inland Empire, where he’ll play as many as four more games
leading up to his July 3 return from suspension.
“I’m getting ready to play the game physically and mentally,”
Ramirez said. “The first thing is getting my legs ready to play. I have
to get used to the speed of games. I didn’t play for a long time.”
So far Ramirez has missed 43 of a scheduled 50 games, with the
Dodgers going 26-17 (.605) in his absence while extending their lead in
the NL West from 6.5 games to 7.5 games. You know, just like we predicted.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59