Jun 26, 2009, 12:42 PM EDT
* David Ortiz batted cleanup last night
for the first time since May 13, 2005, going 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
Even after the hitless game he’s 18-for-58 (.310) with six homers this
month, as only Albert Pujols and Troy Tulowitzki have gone deep more
often in June.
* Demoted to the low minors three weeks ago, Fausto Carmona made his Single-A debut last night
and took a no-hitter into the seventh inning, finishing with 6.1 frames
of one-hit, shutout ball. He struck out seven and most importantly
handed out just one walk after issuing 41 free passes in 61 innings
with the Indians.
* Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News writes about
Matt Holliday’s struggles in Oakland, which while somewhat surprising
shouldn’t be coming as a shock to anyone. During five seasons with the
Rockies he hit .280 with an .803 OPS away from Coors Field. In three
months with the A’s he’s hit .269 with a .790 OPS.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million