Jun 26, 2009, 12:42 PM EST
* David Ortiz batted cleanup last night
for the first time since May 13, 2005, going 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
Even after the hitless game he’s 18-for-58 (.310) with six homers this
month, as only Albert Pujols and Troy Tulowitzki have gone deep more
often in June.
* Demoted to the low minors three weeks ago, Fausto Carmona made his Single-A debut last night
and took a no-hitter into the seventh inning, finishing with 6.1 frames
of one-hit, shutout ball. He struck out seven and most importantly
handed out just one walk after issuing 41 free passes in 61 innings
with the Indians.
* Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News writes about
Matt Holliday’s struggles in Oakland, which while somewhat surprising
shouldn’t be coming as a shock to anyone. During five seasons with the
Rockies he hit .280 with an .803 OPS away from Coors Field. In three
months with the A’s he’s hit .269 with a .790 OPS.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 48
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 187
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (194)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)