Jun 26, 2009, 11:45 AM EDT
* With his next save
Mariano Rivera will join Trevor Hoffman as the only members of the
500-save club. And it’ll be a while before there’s a third member,
because the active leaders after Rivera are Billy Wagner (385), Troy
Percival (358), Jason Isringhausen (293), and Armando Benitez (289).
The next guy to reach 500? Francisco Rodriguez is eighth on the active list with 228 and he’s the only guy in the top 10 who’s under 34 years old.
* Alex Rodriguez’s homer last night
tied him with Reggie Jackson for 11th place on the all-time list at
563. Next up for Rodriguez is Rafael Palmeiro with 569 and and Harmon
Killebrew with 573, but he’ll likely have to wait until next season to
pass Mark McGwire at 583.
* And just to show how different milestones are in New York compared to Tampa Bay, Jason Bartlett set a Rays franchise record last night by extending his hitting streak to … 19 games. Quinton McCracken held the previous record at 18. Of course he did.
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 2
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 49
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games