Jun 27, 2009, 2:26 PM EDT
”You’re not a player! You’re a piece of sh–!”
- Lou Pinella has had just about enough of Milton Bradley.
“That was awesome. We made him pissed. That’s not too hard to do.”
- Ozzie Guillen throws in his two cents about Friday’s Pinella-Bradley incident.
“I kind of figured that.”
- Ryan Ludwick reacts to being out of the lineup
again on Saturday. On the heels of a breakthrough 2008 season, Ludwick
is batting just .226 so far in 2009, including a .178 mark this month.
“As a pitcher, you know you have a
no-hitter. Whoever says they don’t, it’s a lie. You know you have it.
It was pretty cool to be a part of it.”
- Ricky Romero talks about holding the Phillies hitless
over the first six innings on Friday night. The rookie southpaw’s
no-hit bid was broken up by a Chase Utley leadoff single in the
“When I got traded [last] July, it
was a surprise, because I thought I was going to be there until the end
of the season. When that happened, he called me to the office and
wished me the best. He almost cried when he talked to me. For me,
that’s something I’ll never forget. He talked to me as if I was his son
when that happened.”
- Ivan Rodriguez recalls
Jim Leyland’s reaction after the catcher was traded to the Yankees last
season. Rodriguez and Leyland were reunited when the Astros and Tigers
kicked off a weekend series in Houston.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 0
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 35
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'