Jun 27, 2009, 2:26 PM EST
”You’re not a player! You’re a piece of sh–!”
- Lou Pinella has had just about enough of Milton Bradley.
“That was awesome. We made him pissed. That’s not too hard to do.”
- Ozzie Guillen throws in his two cents about Friday’s Pinella-Bradley incident.
“I kind of figured that.”
- Ryan Ludwick reacts to being out of the lineup
again on Saturday. On the heels of a breakthrough 2008 season, Ludwick
is batting just .226 so far in 2009, including a .178 mark this month.
“As a pitcher, you know you have a
no-hitter. Whoever says they don’t, it’s a lie. You know you have it.
It was pretty cool to be a part of it.”
- Ricky Romero talks about holding the Phillies hitless
over the first six innings on Friday night. The rookie southpaw’s
no-hit bid was broken up by a Chase Utley leadoff single in the
“When I got traded [last] July, it
was a surprise, because I thought I was going to be there until the end
of the season. When that happened, he called me to the office and
wished me the best. He almost cried when he talked to me. For me,
that’s something I’ll never forget. He talked to me as if I was his son
when that happened.”
- Ivan Rodriguez recalls
Jim Leyland’s reaction after the catcher was traded to the Yankees last
season. Rodriguez and Leyland were reunited when the Astros and Tigers
kicked off a weekend series in Houston.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 8
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (127)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)