Jun 27, 2009, 2:26 PM EST
”You’re not a player! You’re a piece of sh–!”
– Lou Pinella has had just about enough of Milton Bradley.
“That was awesome. We made him pissed. That’s not too hard to do.”
– Ozzie Guillen throws in his two cents about Friday’s Pinella-Bradley incident.
“I kind of figured that.”
– Ryan Ludwick reacts to being out of the lineup
again on Saturday. On the heels of a breakthrough 2008 season, Ludwick
is batting just .226 so far in 2009, including a .178 mark this month.
“As a pitcher, you know you have a
no-hitter. Whoever says they don’t, it’s a lie. You know you have it.
It was pretty cool to be a part of it.”
– Ricky Romero talks about holding the Phillies hitless
over the first six innings on Friday night. The rookie southpaw’s
no-hit bid was broken up by a Chase Utley leadoff single in the
“When I got traded [last] July, it
was a surprise, because I thought I was going to be there until the end
of the season. When that happened, he called me to the office and
wished me the best. He almost cried when he talked to me. For me,
that’s something I’ll never forget. He talked to me as if I was his son
when that happened.”
– Ivan Rodriguez recalls
Jim Leyland’s reaction after the catcher was traded to the Yankees last
season. Rodriguez and Leyland were reunited when the Astros and Tigers
kicked off a weekend series in Houston.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (202)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)