Jun 27, 2009, 7:23 PM EDT
– The Pirates are reportedly mulling a trade that would send Nyjer Morgan to the Nationals. According to the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette
the teams were discussing a Morgan for Lastings Milledge swap, but the
Nationals balked when the Pirates insisted on including Craig Stammen
in the deal. The Nats apparently covet Morgan as a potential leadoff
– Albert Pujols launched two home runs
in a win over the Twins on Saturday afternoon. El Hombre leads the
world with 28 home runs and 74 RBI. He’s currently on pace for 60 bombs
and 159 RBI.
– J.C. Romero could be in some hot water. He was accused of assaulting a fan who claims he was grabbed by the neck and pushed after asking “How about you get me some juice?” Romero apparently took umbrage to the request.
– J.A. Happ tossed his first career complete game shutout in a win over the Blue Jays on Saturday. Even in 97 career minor league starts, Happ never tossed a shutout.
– Jose Reyes jogged and took batting practice before Saturday’s game, but there’s still no timetable on his return. The Mets leadoff man has been on the disabled list since May 26 because of a right hamstring injury.
– And finally, Roy Halladay is primed for a Monday return
against the Rays. Halladay is 10-1 with a 2.53 ERA and 1.04 WHIP, but
has been on the disabled list since June 18 because of a groin strain.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)