Jun 28, 2009, 11:04 AM EDT
“What did he say? That he was drunk
and got into a fight? I’m not going to comment on it. I’m trying to be
professional and I don’t really want to get into that. Don’t want to
make a story out of nothing.”
- J.C. Romero reacts to an accusation that he assaulted a fan after Thursday’s game.
“The fact I don’t think I can help
the team like I wanted to, every day on the field. It got to the point
it’s really painful. My contribution won’t be enough to help the team
win. Hopefully I can get it fixed and come back 100 percent. I talked
to my family, discussed it. I came to conclusion last night I was going
to do it, and came in early and told Skip.”
- Adrian Beltre explains his decision to have surgery
to remove bone spurs in his left shoulder. The surgery, which will
likely end his season, is scheduled for Tuesday. Beltre could have one
final appearance on Sunday.
“Terrible. But we got a win, who cares? The guys picked me up.”
- Homer Bailey talks about his wild performance
against the Indians on Saturday night. The former top prospect walked
seven while throwing just 54 of 106 pitches for strikes, but still got
his first win in nearly two years.
“It’s going to be hard for us to
score runs, no doubt about it, with where we are right now offensively.
We’ll need a break here or there or error or something like that to
amass any type of threat at this point.”
- A befuddled Jerry Manuel is left looking for answers after the Mets were one-hit by A.J. Burnett on Saturday night.
“There’s not much I can do. I just write the line-up … the rest is up to him. I ain’t giving him no bunt sign or nothing.”
- Inland Empire 66ers manager Carlos Subero reflects on the unique assignment
of including Manny Ramirez in his lineup. Ramirez homered in his first
at-bat on Saturday night. Currently serving a 50-game suspension, he is
scheduled to rejoin the Dodgers on July 3.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 70
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)