Jun 29, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
* Assistant general manager Gord Ash revealed yesterday that the Brewers were in talks with the Indians for Mark DeRosa before he was traded to the rival Cardinals.
“They didn’t feel like we had the type of players they were looking
for,” Ash said. “The big thing will be who the second player is. I
would imagine it’s a pretty good player.”
* Seattle’s high Single-A team scored 18 runs last night … and lost by 15. Seriously. If you’re in need of a good laugh, check out the boxscore.
Every batter in Lake Elsinore’s lineup had multiple hits and six of the
nine guys had at least four hits in a game that featured 10 homers and
56 total hits.
* He’s allowed 15 run in 13 innings this season after going 9-14
with a 6.05 ERA last year, yet Brandon Backe was “shocked” by the
Astros designating him for assignment over the weekend.
* According to Shawn Estes, he’s not actually retired,
but rather “retired from Triple-A.” Which seems a bit like me saying,
“I’m not actually single, just unwilling to date non-supermodels.”
* Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times notes that not all no-hitters are created equal.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 11
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 10
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)