Jun 29, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
* Assistant general manager Gord Ash revealed yesterday that the Brewers were in talks with the Indians for Mark DeRosa before he was traded to the rival Cardinals.
“They didn’t feel like we had the type of players they were looking
for,” Ash said. “The big thing will be who the second player is. I
would imagine it’s a pretty good player.”
* Seattle’s high Single-A team scored 18 runs last night … and lost by 15. Seriously. If you’re in need of a good laugh, check out the boxscore.
Every batter in Lake Elsinore’s lineup had multiple hits and six of the
nine guys had at least four hits in a game that featured 10 homers and
56 total hits.
* He’s allowed 15 run in 13 innings this season after going 9-14
with a 6.05 ERA last year, yet Brandon Backe was “shocked” by the
Astros designating him for assignment over the weekend.
* According to Shawn Estes, he’s not actually retired,
but rather “retired from Triple-A.” Which seems a bit like me saying,
“I’m not actually single, just unwilling to date non-supermodels.”
* Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times notes that not all no-hitters are created equal.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)