Jun 30, 2009, 8:31 AM EDT
For a Braves fan, this is simply adding insult to the grievous injury that is having to watch Jeff Francoeur try to play every day:
Desperate times call for desperate measures, so Braves right fielder
Jeff Francoeur said he’ll wear the same underwear to Turner Field
Tuesday that he wore on Sunday. He claimed the Braves are 7-0 when he
wears his Thanksgiving-themed “turkey underwear” to the ballpark.
For a team that has a disappointing 35-40 overall record, that 7-0
mark is no small feat. The Braves open a three-game series against NL
East leader Philadelphia on Tuesday.
Francoeur said he had not worn the turkey briefs for back-to-back
games all season, but will Tuesday (the Braves were off Monday, and he
planned to ask his wife, Catie, to wash the underwear).
Note that the article doesn’t say that Francoeur plays
better in the gobbler skivvies, only that the team does. Given his
performance (.248/.283/.347), maybe the Braves would be better off by
simply keeping the underwear around and ditching Francoeur. At least
the underwear seems to ad some sort of value.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)