Jul 2, 2009, 12:52 PM EDT
* Despite all the Cubs’ problems, yesterday’s ejection
was amazingly Lou Piniella’s first of the season. In fact, it was his
first time being tossed since July of last year. Milton Bradley would
probably disagree, but perhaps Sweet Lou is mellowing in his mid-60s?
* With his DUI manslaughter trial still two months away, Jim Leyritz was arrested this morning and charged with domestic battery against his ex-wife.
* Perhaps realizing that he’s a career .270/.312/.377 hitter making $7.25 million, Jack Wilson backtracked from his criticism of Pirates management following the team’s latest trade.
* Canadian-born Jason Bay was sworn in as an American citizen this morning.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 51
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)