Jul 2, 2009, 12:52 PM EDT
* Despite all the Cubs’ problems, yesterday’s ejection
was amazingly Lou Piniella’s first of the season. In fact, it was his
first time being tossed since July of last year. Milton Bradley would
probably disagree, but perhaps Sweet Lou is mellowing in his mid-60s?
* With his DUI manslaughter trial still two months away, Jim Leyritz was arrested this morning and charged with domestic battery against his ex-wife.
* Perhaps realizing that he’s a career .270/.312/.377 hitter making $7.25 million, Jack Wilson backtracked from his criticism of Pirates management following the team’s latest trade.
* Canadian-born Jason Bay was sworn in as an American citizen this morning.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 0
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)