Jul 3, 2009, 1:20 PM EDT
Earlier this week an SI.com article about Manny Ramirez’s return from suspension included the following headline: “With Manny coming back, red-hot Pierre forced to grin and bear it.”
That would have been true a month ago, when Juan Pierre hit .425 in his first 20 games filling in.
However, he batted .244 with a .299 on-base percentage and .283
slugging percentage during the final 30 games of Ramirez’s suspension,
so I’d say that Manny is coming back just in time before Pierre gets
any redder or hotter.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 33
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23