Jul 3, 2009, 1:20 PM EDT
Earlier this week an SI.com article about Manny Ramirez’s return from suspension included the following headline: “With Manny coming back, red-hot Pierre forced to grin and bear it.”
That would have been true a month ago, when Juan Pierre hit .425 in his first 20 games filling in.
However, he batted .244 with a .299 on-base percentage and .283
slugging percentage during the final 30 games of Ramirez’s suspension,
so I’d say that Manny is coming back just in time before Pierre gets
any redder or hotter.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)