Jul 5, 2009, 6:43 PM EDT
– The Phillies completed a three-game sweep of the Mets on Sunday
as Joe Blanton outdueled Johan Santana with seven shutout innings. The
stumbling Mets are now four games back of the first-place Phils.
– After being snubbed for an All-Star selection, Mark Reynolds connected for his 24th home run against the Rockies. While he didn’t make the squad, he is one of the choices on the “Final Vote” ballot.
– Ricky Nolasco continued his resurgence,
fanning 12 while tossing eight shutout innings against the Pirates on
Sunday. Nolasco has lowered his ERA from 9.07 to 5.42 in six starts
since returning from the minor leagues on June 7.
– Hanley Ramirez sat out Sunday’s game due to a tight right hip flexor. However, he was named as the National League’s starting shortstop.
– The Yankees managed to defeat the Blue Jays 10-8 on Sunday despite the worst outing of Joba Chamberlain’s career.
– After having surgery on his right rotator cuff last month, Coco Crisp has a similar procedure planned for his left shoulder later this month. He hopes to be ready for Opening Day next season.
– Rehabbing a groin injury, Raul Ibanez is scheduled to play for Double-A Reading on Monday. Ibanez was chosen as a first-time All-Star by the fans on Sunday.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)