Jul 8, 2009, 3:15 PM EDT
* When last we checked in with Matt Bush the former No. 1 overall pick was pleading guilty to assault charges on draft day, which seemed fitting for one of the biggest busts in draft history. In the month since then Bush has been arrested again, this time being charged with a DUI, resisting arrest, driving on a suspended license, and vandalism.
The beauty of the situation is that last month Bush’s lawyer said:
“He fully intends to get his act together and do whatever is required
of him by the court. They could tell him to attend alcohol rehab on the
moon, and he’d agree to it.” Apparently that rehab center on the moon
was all booked up or something.
* Minnesota was blown out
by New York last night, leaving manager Ron Gardenhire with a 14-38
(.269) career record against the Yankees compared to 651-515 (.558)
versus everyone else. Oh, and he’s also 2-6 against New York in the
* Last week I wrote about
how baffling it was that “Matt Kemp has been one of the league’s best
players, yet has batted higher than sixth in the Dodgers’ lineup just
10 times.” This week R.J. Anderson of Fans Graphs has taken up the same cause, but with even more stats.
* Vladimir Guerrero played the outfield last night for just the second time this season and lasted all of eight innings before leaving with a knee injury.
* Alan Embree picked up a victory last night without actually throwing a pitch.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona