Jul 10, 2009, 1:08 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon made headlines and made himself the butt of jokes
earlier this week after the portly right-hander somehow went missing
while rehabbing his injured knee at Triple-A. Colon finally resurfaced
Wednesday and tossed five innings of one-run ball last night, but not before Ozzie Guillen offered up his theory on what happened:
I worry about Colon because Colon was a big-time Michael Jackson
fan. He might [watch] the TV and cry all day long. Maybe he is in Los
Angeles at his funeral, because I can’t find him. When he gets to
Charlotte, Oney [Guillen's son] will call me to say he’s there. Nobody
knows how big of a Jackson fan Colon was. I’m serious. He might be
depressed a little bit.
Since reading that quote I haven’t been able to shake the disturbing
image of Colon wearing nothing but one white glove while doing the
moonwalk back and forth in a Charlotte motel as “Billie Jean” plays in
the background. And now you can try to to scrub that thought from your
brain too. Good luck!
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead