Jul 11, 2009, 4:11 PM EDT
– The Mariners and Twins remain in the mix for second baseman Freddy Sanchez.
– Don’t expect the Rays to trade for help at the deadline unless it comes cheap.
– Bruce Jenkins of the San Francisco Chronicle wonders if Jonathan Sanchez is more or less likely to get traded after Friday night’s no-hitter.
– The Reds are in search of a right-handed hitting outfielder.
– Ozzie Guillen would like to see the White Sox make an effort to keep Jermaine Dye.
– The Red Sox reportedly made a call to Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi on Friday. You know, just shooting the breeze.
– And finally, Rafael Betancourt, an impending free agent, could be on the table.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 69
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 112
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)