Jul 11, 2009, 4:11 PM EDT
– The Mariners and Twins remain in the mix for second baseman Freddy Sanchez.
– Don’t expect the Rays to trade for help at the deadline unless it comes cheap.
– Bruce Jenkins of the San Francisco Chronicle wonders if Jonathan Sanchez is more or less likely to get traded after Friday night’s no-hitter.
– The Reds are in search of a right-handed hitting outfielder.
– Ozzie Guillen would like to see the White Sox make an effort to keep Jermaine Dye.
– The Red Sox reportedly made a call to Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi on Friday. You know, just shooting the breeze.
– And finally, Rafael Betancourt, an impending free agent, could be on the table.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 23
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)