Jul 11, 2009, 4:11 PM EDT
– The Mariners and Twins remain in the mix for second baseman Freddy Sanchez.
– Don’t expect the Rays to trade for help at the deadline unless it comes cheap.
– Bruce Jenkins of the San Francisco Chronicle wonders if Jonathan Sanchez is more or less likely to get traded after Friday night’s no-hitter.
– The Reds are in search of a right-handed hitting outfielder.
– Ozzie Guillen would like to see the White Sox make an effort to keep Jermaine Dye.
– The Red Sox reportedly made a call to Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi on Friday. You know, just shooting the breeze.
– And finally, Rafael Betancourt, an impending free agent, could be on the table.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 186
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (190)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)