Jul 11, 2009, 4:11 PM EST
– The Mariners and Twins remain in the mix for second baseman Freddy Sanchez.
– Don’t expect the Rays to trade for help at the deadline unless it comes cheap.
– Bruce Jenkins of the San Francisco Chronicle wonders if Jonathan Sanchez is more or less likely to get traded after Friday night’s no-hitter.
– The Reds are in search of a right-handed hitting outfielder.
– Ozzie Guillen would like to see the White Sox make an effort to keep Jermaine Dye.
– The Red Sox reportedly made a call to Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi on Friday. You know, just shooting the breeze.
– And finally, Rafael Betancourt, an impending free agent, could be on the table.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)