Jul 12, 2009, 11:29 AM EDT
“I just think, ‘Oh my God, all the questions I have to answer today after the game. You haven’t hit one home run since April.'”
– Melvin Mora, after his 12th-inning walk-off homer against the Blue Jays ended a 50-game homerless drought.
“I still consider myself the best third baseman in the league.”
– Sometimes Bill Hall says things just to make sure people are still paying attention.
“Even today, I feel bad. I went home and thought a lot about it. Today, too.”
– Juan Uribe, whose eighth inning error on a Chase Headley groundball allowed the only baserunner to reach in Jonathan Sanchez’s no-hitter on Friday night.
“I think that’s my first win here in
the last 10 years I’ve been managing the team. I never have a nice
vodka. Every time I go out (in Minnesota) I get drunk because I’m
– Ozzie Guillen and the White Sox finally get off the schneid in Minnesota. The win snapped a five-game losing streak at the Metrodome. The White Sox are 2-10 there since September of 2007.
“To be able to dump that one in the
first inning felt good. The last thing I wanted to do was roll over my
first pitch for a double play to end the inning.”
– Never underestimate the power of a bloop single. Jeff Francoeur was 2-for-4 with two RBI in his debut as the Mets defeated the Reds 4-0 on Saturday night.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)