Jul 12, 2009, 11:29 AM EDT
“I just think, ‘Oh my God, all the questions I have to answer today after the game. You haven’t hit one home run since April.’”
- Melvin Mora, after his 12th-inning walk-off homer against the Blue Jays ended a 50-game homerless drought.
“I still consider myself the best third baseman in the league.”
- Sometimes Bill Hall says things just to make sure people are still paying attention.
“Even today, I feel bad. I went home and thought a lot about it. Today, too.”
- Juan Uribe, whose eighth inning error on a Chase Headley groundball allowed the only baserunner to reach in Jonathan Sanchez’s no-hitter on Friday night.
“I think that’s my first win here in
the last 10 years I’ve been managing the team. I never have a nice
vodka. Every time I go out (in Minnesota) I get drunk because I’m
- Ozzie Guillen and the White Sox finally get off the schneid in Minnesota. The win snapped a five-game losing streak at the Metrodome. The White Sox are 2-10 there since September of 2007.
“To be able to dump that one in the
first inning felt good. The last thing I wanted to do was roll over my
first pitch for a double play to end the inning.”
- Never underestimate the power of a bloop single. Jeff Francoeur was 2-for-4 with two RBI in his debut as the Mets defeated the Reds 4-0 on Saturday night.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)