Jul 12, 2009, 11:29 AM EST
“I just think, ‘Oh my God, all the questions I have to answer today after the game. You haven’t hit one home run since April.'”
– Melvin Mora, after his 12th-inning walk-off homer against the Blue Jays ended a 50-game homerless drought.
“I still consider myself the best third baseman in the league.”
– Sometimes Bill Hall says things just to make sure people are still paying attention.
“Even today, I feel bad. I went home and thought a lot about it. Today, too.”
– Juan Uribe, whose eighth inning error on a Chase Headley groundball allowed the only baserunner to reach in Jonathan Sanchez’s no-hitter on Friday night.
“I think that’s my first win here in
the last 10 years I’ve been managing the team. I never have a nice
vodka. Every time I go out (in Minnesota) I get drunk because I’m
– Ozzie Guillen and the White Sox finally get off the schneid in Minnesota. The win snapped a five-game losing streak at the Metrodome. The White Sox are 2-10 there since September of 2007.
“To be able to dump that one in the
first inning felt good. The last thing I wanted to do was roll over my
first pitch for a double play to end the inning.”
– Never underestimate the power of a bloop single. Jeff Francoeur was 2-for-4 with two RBI in his debut as the Mets defeated the Reds 4-0 on Saturday night.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)