Jul 12, 2009, 2:31 PM EDT
- Troy C. Renck of the Denver Post
says that second baseman Freddy Sanchez will be traded. He believes the
Giants could land him for Jonathan Sanchez and a prospect. Renck also
reports that the Giants are “lukewarm” on Matt Holliday and would love
to land Jermaine Dye.
- With the wrist injury to Jay Bruce, manager Dusty Baker doesn’t want to rush Drew Stubbs or Chris Heisey,
as speculated late Saturday night. Bruce’s absence only underscores the
Reds’ need for an outfield bat. So far, their outfielders have combined
for a major league worst .235 batting average and .302 on-base
- According to the Toronto Sun, Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi
hasn’t fielded any calls for Vernon Wells. Wells signed a seven-year,
$126 million contract extension in December of 2006.
- Marlins president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest would like to improve the club
before the July 31 trade deadline. While he hopes that veterans Brendan
Donnelly and Luis Ayala can help fill the void left by Matt Lindstrom,
the team remains in the market for a closer.
- Ozzie Guillen doesn’t want to trade some of the organization’s best young prospects for a rental player.
- Nick Carfaldo of the Boston Globe cites a Mets official as saying the team could add $5 million to $6 million in payroll before the trade deadline.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)