Jul 14, 2009, 1:53 PM EDT
Evan Longoria has been scratched from tonight’s All-Star game because of an infected right ring finger that had to be drained and treated with antibiotics yesterday.
Michael Young will start at third base and bat seventh for the American
League while Chone Figgins gets added to the roster as a last-minute
This is Figgins’ first All-Star selection, while Young is a six-time
All-Star who’ll be making his first career start at the age of 32.
Oh, and the total number of players involved in the two-team game is now something like 150.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 58
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)