Jul 14, 2009, 1:53 PM EST
Evan Longoria has been scratched from tonight’s All-Star game because of an infected right ring finger that had to be drained and treated with antibiotics yesterday.
Michael Young will start at third base and bat seventh for the American
League while Chone Figgins gets added to the roster as a last-minute
This is Figgins’ first All-Star selection, while Young is a six-time
All-Star who’ll be making his first career start at the age of 32.
Oh, and the total number of players involved in the two-team game is now something like 150.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)