Jul 14, 2009, 1:53 PM EDT
Evan Longoria has been scratched from tonight’s All-Star game because of an infected right ring finger that had to be drained and treated with antibiotics yesterday.
Michael Young will start at third base and bat seventh for the American
League while Chone Figgins gets added to the roster as a last-minute
This is Figgins’ first All-Star selection, while Young is a six-time
All-Star who’ll be making his first career start at the age of 32.
Oh, and the total number of players involved in the two-team game is now something like 150.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 50
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)