Jul 15, 2009, 4:01 PM EST
As mentioned a few weeks ago, I participate in a fantasy contest over at ESPN, named Baseball Challenge.
The game gets broken up into first- and second-half segments, so if you
want to join in the fun, I’ve created a public group called “Circling
the Bases.” You can join the group anytime, but if you aren’t signed up
for the game, you’ll want to do so tonight or risk quickly falling
behind. It’s a daily-change game*, so unless you have 15 minutes or so
to burn every night, don’t bother.
(There is a weekly version of the game. For sissies. Yeah, I said it.)
Of course, you’ll have your work cut out for you if you want to beat
the first-half champion and only two-time winner of the contest. But
second-place bragging rights will be up for grabs, at least.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 39
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)