Jul 16, 2009, 12:32 PM EST
* Assuming that he doesn’t go missing again, Bartolo Colon looks ready
to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation after racking up eight strikeouts
over seven innings of two-run ball in his latest Triple-A start.
* Citi Field in New York has reportedly been chosen to host the All-Star game in 2013. Anaheim, Arizona, and Kansas City will be the hosts in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
* Speaking of the All-Star game, this year’s television ratings were down slightly compared to last year despite the Barack Obama-led pregame festivities getting a slight ratings bump. Of course, MLB.com has a slightly different spin on the numbers.
* Dave Allen of Fan Graphs has some great analysis of Tim Lincecum and his amazing changeup.
* Fans in Portland got to see the International League squeak by the Pacific Coast League in last night’s Triple-A All-Star game.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 30
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)