Jul 16, 2009, 12:32 PM EST
* Assuming that he doesn’t go missing again, Bartolo Colon looks ready
to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation after racking up eight strikeouts
over seven innings of two-run ball in his latest Triple-A start.
* Citi Field in New York has reportedly been chosen to host the All-Star game in 2013. Anaheim, Arizona, and Kansas City will be the hosts in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
* Speaking of the All-Star game, this year’s television ratings were down slightly compared to last year despite the Barack Obama-led pregame festivities getting a slight ratings bump. Of course, MLB.com has a slightly different spin on the numbers.
* Dave Allen of Fan Graphs has some great analysis of Tim Lincecum and his amazing changeup.
* Fans in Portland got to see the International League squeak by the Pacific Coast League in last night’s Triple-A All-Star game.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)