Jul 16, 2009, 12:32 PM EDT
* Assuming that he doesn’t go missing again, Bartolo Colon looks ready
to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation after racking up eight strikeouts
over seven innings of two-run ball in his latest Triple-A start.
* Citi Field in New York has reportedly been chosen to host the All-Star game in 2013. Anaheim, Arizona, and Kansas City will be the hosts in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
* Speaking of the All-Star game, this year’s television ratings were down slightly compared to last year despite the Barack Obama-led pregame festivities getting a slight ratings bump. Of course, MLB.com has a slightly different spin on the numbers.
* Dave Allen of Fan Graphs has some great analysis of Tim Lincecum and his amazing changeup.
* Fans in Portland got to see the International League squeak by the Pacific Coast League in last night’s Triple-A All-Star game.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)