Jul 16, 2009, 12:32 PM EDT
* Assuming that he doesn’t go missing again, Bartolo Colon looks ready
to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation after racking up eight strikeouts
over seven innings of two-run ball in his latest Triple-A start.
* Citi Field in New York has reportedly been chosen to host the All-Star game in 2013. Anaheim, Arizona, and Kansas City will be the hosts in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
* Speaking of the All-Star game, this year’s television ratings were down slightly compared to last year despite the Barack Obama-led pregame festivities getting a slight ratings bump. Of course, MLB.com has a slightly different spin on the numbers.
* Dave Allen of Fan Graphs has some great analysis of Tim Lincecum and his amazing changeup.
* Fans in Portland got to see the International League squeak by the Pacific Coast League in last night’s Triple-A All-Star game.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20