Jul 22, 2009, 3:33 PM EDT
* Jason Marquis’ next start has been pushed back from Friday to Tuesday because of a blister on his right middle finger. Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports
that Marquis has “battled the issue for the better part of a month,”
but it hasn’t stopped baseball’s only 12-game winner from going 3-1
with a 1.16 ERA in his last four starts.
* In other Colorado pitching news, 43-year-old Mike Timlin has been working out for the Rockies in the hopes of landing a minor-league contract.
* Michael S. Schmidt and Alan Schwarz of the New York Times wrote a lengthy article
examining how MLB “is conducting genetic testing on some promising
young players and their parents” in Latin American countries.
* Joe Crede rejoined the Twins’ lineup last night after missing two
games with a sore shoulder, went 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles, and is
now unavailable again while scheduling a visit with Dr. Lewis Yocum.
* Cameron Maybin is hitting .341 in 56 games at Triple-A, but Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun Sentinel speculates
that the Marlins haven’t called him up because they’re suppressing his
service time to delay his eventual arbitration eligibility.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)