Jul 22, 2009, 2:39 PM EST
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa, speaking yesterday about fans and media members criticizing outfielder Chris Duncan for hitting just .227/.329/.358:
I get so tired of the unfair treatment of Chris Duncan. It makes me
want to vomit. And you can quote me on that. This guy is treated
unfairly. These fans have a reputation of being knowledgeable that they
deserve but they have a couple quirks. And he is one of them.
Someone may want to get La Russa a barf bag, because less than 24 hours after he made those statements the Cardinals have demoted Duncan back to Triple-A.
Incidentally, in the history of mankind has making a statement ending
in “and you can quote me on that” ever turned out positively for
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)