Jul 22, 2009, 2:39 PM EDT
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa, speaking yesterday about fans and media members criticizing outfielder Chris Duncan for hitting just .227/.329/.358:
I get so tired of the unfair treatment of Chris Duncan. It makes me
want to vomit. And you can quote me on that. This guy is treated
unfairly. These fans have a reputation of being knowledgeable that they
deserve but they have a couple quirks. And he is one of them.
Someone may want to get La Russa a barf bag, because less than 24 hours after he made those statements the Cardinals have demoted Duncan back to Triple-A.
Incidentally, in the history of mankind has making a statement ending
in “and you can quote me on that” ever turned out positively for
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59