Jim Leyland will take his shirt off for charity

Jul 24, 2009, 3:31 PM EDT

Dana Wakiji of the Detroit News files this report from Curtis Granderson’s charity event:

The highlight of the evening was the live bachelor auction. Comedian
Jeff Dye, a third-place finisher on Season 6 of NBC’s “Last Comic
Standing,” did a quick set of comedy before serving as auctioneer for
bachelors Granderson, [Edwin] Jackson and [Ryan] Perry. Dye mentioned
that Jackson, like Perry, had tattoos. Jackson’s tattoos could only be
revealed by removing his shirt, so he asked his manager’s permission.

“You take your shirt off, I’ll take mine off,” [Jim] Leyland yelled
from the middle of the room. Jackson obliged by removing his shirt and
showing off his tattooed back and arms. He then demanded his manager
keep his word. Leyland came up to the stage and said he would remove
his shirt as long as the picture did not end up on TV or in the
newspaper.

And in what may be the greatest triumph of journalistic ethics in the
history of mankind, photos of a shirtless, 65-year-old, chain-smoking
Jim Leyland have indeed not shown up online. You can see all the Edwin
Jackson back tattoos you want, though.

1. medications for back pain - Dec 4, 2009 at 12:37 AM

When one views the issue at hand, i have to agree with your conclusions. You understandably show knowledge about this topic and i have much to learn after reading your post.Many salutations and i will come back for any further updates.

2. Olene Francese - Jan 14, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

3. Download music - Jan 15, 2010 at 12:56 PM

A thoughtful insight and ideas I will use on my blog. You’ve obviously spent some time on this. Well done!

4. Early Learning Centre - Jan 16, 2010 at 10:40 AM

5. MLB news - Feb 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Hi buddy, your blog’s design is simple and clean and i like it. Your blog posts are superb. Please keep them coming. Greets!!!

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5060)