Jul 25, 2009, 4:29 PM EDT
Aaron Harang’s three-run bomb off the Cubs’ Randy Wells in the second inning of Friday’s game…
… was his first in 390 career at-bats.
… gave him his first run scored in 233 at-bats since Apr. 8, 2006.
… bumped both his career OBP and slugging percentage over the century
mark. His career line went from .087/.099/.098 to .090/.101/.108.
… upped his career high for RBI in a season from three to six.
Harang has actually improved considerably as a hitter since arriving
from the AL in 2003. He bottomed out in 2005, going 2-for-74 (.027)
without any extra-base hits or walks and 39 strikeouts. Since then,
he’s hit .108 in 2006, .095 in 2007 and .130 in 2008. He entered today
at .143 for this year. Still, he had allowed 367 runs since scoring his
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights