Jul 25, 2009, 4:29 PM EST
Aaron Harang’s three-run bomb off the Cubs’ Randy Wells in the second inning of Friday’s game…
… was his first in 390 career at-bats.
… gave him his first run scored in 233 at-bats since Apr. 8, 2006.
… bumped both his career OBP and slugging percentage over the century
mark. His career line went from .087/.099/.098 to .090/.101/.108.
… upped his career high for RBI in a season from three to six.
Harang has actually improved considerably as a hitter since arriving
from the AL in 2003. He bottomed out in 2005, going 2-for-74 (.027)
without any extra-base hits or walks and 39 strikeouts. Since then,
he’s hit .108 in 2006, .095 in 2007 and .130 in 2008. He entered today
at .143 for this year. Still, he had allowed 367 runs since scoring his
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 66
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)