Jul 25, 2009, 1:17 PM EDT
“Right now, yeah, I think I will be
here. It’s obviously a complicated situation and I think for that
reason I’ve never felt like there’s been a big press on being moved or
wanting to be moved. … If there was an urgency to be somewhere else,
and an urgency for the team to have me somewhere else, I think it’d be
different. I just don’t get that feeling. For that reason, I think that
at this point I feel like I’m going to be here.”
- Roy Halladay keeps it classy after tossing nine brilliant innings against the Rays on Friday night.
“It would be a huge move. They’re
leading the division now. If they go out and add a Halladay to that,
that could be a tough task.”
- Mets manager Jerry Manuel offers some keen insight into the potential of the Phillies acquiring Roy Halladay from the Blue Jays.
“Yeah, I was lucky, but I’ll take ‘em. I’ll take ‘em all. It may not be pretty, but it’s effective.”
- Matt Holliday had four hits in his Cardinal debut on Friday night against the Phillies, but three of them were of the so-called “cheap” variety.
“I feel like the season has started and I’m 2-0.”
- Joba Chamberlain, after hurling seven innings of two-hit ball for the Yankees eighth straight win on Friday night. Chamberlain has allowed just two earned runs over his last two starts.
“We just cannot play that sloppy and
have that many errors through this point in the season and just say,
‘Well that’s baseball. That’s OK. They’re trying.’ No. That’s not fair
to the fans who come out here and buy these tickets.”
- Interim manager Jim Riggleman after the Nationals committed four more errors in a loss to the Padres on Friday night. The 28-68 Nats lead the majors with 94 errors.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)