Jul 25, 2009, 1:17 PM EST
“Right now, yeah, I think I will be
here. It’s obviously a complicated situation and I think for that
reason I’ve never felt like there’s been a big press on being moved or
wanting to be moved. … If there was an urgency to be somewhere else,
and an urgency for the team to have me somewhere else, I think it’d be
different. I just don’t get that feeling. For that reason, I think that
at this point I feel like I’m going to be here.”
- Roy Halladay keeps it classy after tossing nine brilliant innings against the Rays on Friday night.
“It would be a huge move. They’re
leading the division now. If they go out and add a Halladay to that,
that could be a tough task.”
- Mets manager Jerry Manuel offers some keen insight into the potential of the Phillies acquiring Roy Halladay from the Blue Jays.
“Yeah, I was lucky, but I’ll take ‘em. I’ll take ‘em all. It may not be pretty, but it’s effective.”
- Matt Holliday had four hits in his Cardinal debut on Friday night against the Phillies, but three of them were of the so-called “cheap” variety.
“I feel like the season has started and I’m 2-0.”
- Joba Chamberlain, after hurling seven innings of two-hit ball for the Yankees eighth straight win on Friday night. Chamberlain has allowed just two earned runs over his last two starts.
“We just cannot play that sloppy and
have that many errors through this point in the season and just say,
‘Well that’s baseball. That’s OK. They’re trying.’ No. That’s not fair
to the fans who come out here and buy these tickets.”
- Interim manager Jim Riggleman after the Nationals committed four more errors in a loss to the Padres on Friday night. The 28-68 Nats lead the majors with 94 errors.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)