Jul 25, 2009, 7:36 PM EDT
– The Rays battled from eight runs down to complete the biggest comeback in the franchise’s history in a 10-9 win over the Blue Jays in 12 innings. The Rays trailed 9-1 at the end of six innings.
– Jayson Stark of ESPN.com
says the Phillies balked at the Blue Jays insistence on both J.A. Happ
and Kyle Drabek in a deal for Roy Halladay. And the Angels? Gordon Edes
of Yahoo.com reports they offered Jered Weaver and a choice of top infield or outfield prospects, including Brandon Wood. No dice.
– Chris Tillman is expected to make his major league debut
against the Royals on Wednesday. The bad news, it’s against Zack
Greinke. That Erik Bedard deal? Just call it the trade that keeps on
– In order to make room for Saturday’s starter Jon Niese, the Mets placed Gary Sheffield on the disabled list with a right hamstring strain. Jerry Manuel will soon leave his post to embark on his new trade as a fortune teller.
– Mark Buehrle will appear on The Late Show with David Letterman on Monday, reading off a “Top 10″ list alongside teammates Dewayne Wise and Josh Fields. It turns out Conan is just too Hollywood.
– The Athletics rallied for six runs in the seventh inning to end the Yankees eight-game winning streak on Saturday afternoon.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)