Jul 30, 2009, 3:12 PM EDT
Breaking news! Lest we forget, we are almost 24 hours away from the non-waiver trade deadline.
According to a post on Twitter, Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse cites a source as saying that Orioles closer George Sherrill has been traded to the Dodgers.
Looking to fortify their pen, the Dodgers have been connected to
Sherrill all week long. After prospect LHP Scott Elbert was scratched
from a start for Triple-A Albuquerque last night, there was some
thought that he could be headed to the Orioles. Stay tuned on that
Sherrill had a 2.40 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 20 saves in 42 appearances for the Orioles this season.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 186
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (190)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)