Jul 30, 2009, 3:12 PM EDT
Breaking news! Lest we forget, we are almost 24 hours away from the non-waiver trade deadline.
According to a post on Twitter, Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse cites a source as saying that Orioles closer George Sherrill has been traded to the Dodgers.
Looking to fortify their pen, the Dodgers have been connected to
Sherrill all week long. After prospect LHP Scott Elbert was scratched
from a start for Triple-A Albuquerque last night, there was some
thought that he could be headed to the Orioles. Stay tuned on that
Sherrill had a 2.40 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 20 saves in 42 appearances for the Orioles this season.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (252)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)