Jul 30, 2009, 3:12 PM EDT
Breaking news! Lest we forget, we are almost 24 hours away from the non-waiver trade deadline.
According to a post on Twitter, Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse cites a source as saying that Orioles closer George Sherrill has been traded to the Dodgers.
Looking to fortify their pen, the Dodgers have been connected to
Sherrill all week long. After prospect LHP Scott Elbert was scratched
from a start for Triple-A Albuquerque last night, there was some
thought that he could be headed to the Orioles. Stay tuned on that
Sherrill had a 2.40 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 20 saves in 42 appearances for the Orioles this season.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)