Jul 30, 2009, 3:12 PM EST
Breaking news! Lest we forget, we are almost 24 hours away from the non-waiver trade deadline.
According to a post on Twitter, Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse cites a source as saying that Orioles closer George Sherrill has been traded to the Dodgers.
Looking to fortify their pen, the Dodgers have been connected to
Sherrill all week long. After prospect LHP Scott Elbert was scratched
from a start for Triple-A Albuquerque last night, there was some
thought that he could be headed to the Orioles. Stay tuned on that
Sherrill had a 2.40 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 20 saves in 42 appearances for the Orioles this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)