Jul 30, 2009, 3:12 PM EDT
Breaking news! Lest we forget, we are almost 24 hours away from the non-waiver trade deadline.
According to a post on Twitter, Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse cites a source as saying that Orioles closer George Sherrill has been traded to the Dodgers.
Looking to fortify their pen, the Dodgers have been connected to
Sherrill all week long. After prospect LHP Scott Elbert was scratched
from a start for Triple-A Albuquerque last night, there was some
thought that he could be headed to the Orioles. Stay tuned on that
Sherrill had a 2.40 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 20 saves in 42 appearances for the Orioles this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)