Jul 31, 2009, 1:05 PM EST
The rumors are starting to fly fast and furious as the non-waiver trade deadline approaches.
Here’s just a few of them:
– According to FoxSports.com, the Rangers bid for Roy Halladay appears over.
– In a post to Twitter,
MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo says “I’m hearing odds of Padres dealing
Gonzalez are very low at this point.” Meanwhile, Jon Heyman of SI.com writes that the Red Sox are still talking to the Padres, with Clay Buchholz, Jed Lowrie and Justin Masterson in the mix.
– All is “remarkably quiet” with Jon Garland and Doug Davis, according to FoxSports.com.
– MLB.com’s Mayo is at it again, saying “chances of Tribe dealing V-Mart is about 50 percent.”
– Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that a trade of Orlando Cabrera to the Twins is “very close” and could be completed in the next hour or two.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)