Jul 31, 2009, 1:05 PM EDT
The rumors are starting to fly fast and furious as the non-waiver trade deadline approaches.
Here’s just a few of them:
- According to FoxSports.com, the Rangers bid for Roy Halladay appears over.
- In a post to Twitter,
MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo says “I’m hearing odds of Padres dealing
Gonzalez are very low at this point.” Meanwhile, Jon Heyman of SI.com writes that the Red Sox are still talking to the Padres, with Clay Buchholz, Jed Lowrie and Justin Masterson in the mix.
- All is “remarkably quiet” with Jon Garland and Doug Davis, according to FoxSports.com.
- MLB.com’s Mayo is at it again, saying “chances of Tribe dealing V-Mart is about 50 percent.”
- Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that a trade of Orlando Cabrera to the Twins is “very close” and could be completed in the next hour or two.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)