Jul 31, 2009, 1:05 PM EST
The rumors are starting to fly fast and furious as the non-waiver trade deadline approaches.
Here’s just a few of them:
– According to FoxSports.com, the Rangers bid for Roy Halladay appears over.
– In a post to Twitter,
MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo says “I’m hearing odds of Padres dealing
Gonzalez are very low at this point.” Meanwhile, Jon Heyman of SI.com writes that the Red Sox are still talking to the Padres, with Clay Buchholz, Jed Lowrie and Justin Masterson in the mix.
– All is “remarkably quiet” with Jon Garland and Doug Davis, according to FoxSports.com.
– MLB.com’s Mayo is at it again, saying “chances of Tribe dealing V-Mart is about 50 percent.”
– Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that a trade of Orlando Cabrera to the Twins is “very close” and could be completed in the next hour or two.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)