Jul 31, 2009, 1:05 PM EDT
The rumors are starting to fly fast and furious as the non-waiver trade deadline approaches.
Here’s just a few of them:
– According to FoxSports.com, the Rangers bid for Roy Halladay appears over.
– In a post to Twitter,
MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo says “I’m hearing odds of Padres dealing
Gonzalez are very low at this point.” Meanwhile, Jon Heyman of SI.com writes that the Red Sox are still talking to the Padres, with Clay Buchholz, Jed Lowrie and Justin Masterson in the mix.
– All is “remarkably quiet” with Jon Garland and Doug Davis, according to FoxSports.com.
– MLB.com’s Mayo is at it again, saying “chances of Tribe dealing V-Mart is about 50 percent.”
– Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that a trade of Orlando Cabrera to the Twins is “very close” and could be completed in the next hour or two.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 0
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)