Jul 31, 2009, 1:05 PM EDT
The rumors are starting to fly fast and furious as the non-waiver trade deadline approaches.
Here’s just a few of them:
– According to FoxSports.com, the Rangers bid for Roy Halladay appears over.
– In a post to Twitter,
MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo says “I’m hearing odds of Padres dealing
Gonzalez are very low at this point.” Meanwhile, Jon Heyman of SI.com writes that the Red Sox are still talking to the Padres, with Clay Buchholz, Jed Lowrie and Justin Masterson in the mix.
– All is “remarkably quiet” with Jon Garland and Doug Davis, according to FoxSports.com.
– MLB.com’s Mayo is at it again, saying “chances of Tribe dealing V-Mart is about 50 percent.”
– Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that a trade of Orlando Cabrera to the Twins is “very close” and could be completed in the next hour or two.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)