Aug 5, 2009, 12:39 PM EST
Already awaiting trial after being charged with selling methamphetamine to an undercover police officer earlier this summer, Joba Chamberlain’s mother has now been accused of leaving a threatening phone message for another woman in Nebraska. Here’s more, from the Associated Press:
Lincoln police spokeswoman Katie Flood said 44-year-old Jacqueline Standley was cited Monday on suspicion of disturbing the peace. Flood said a 28-year-old woman reported that Standley left a threatening message on her cell phone July 27.
An officer who listened to the message said Standley told the woman “You’d better disappear. Keep your eyes open.” Flood described the two women as former friends. Standley has a court hearing set for Sept. 4.
Not a good sign when you’re assigned a court date and have to check your schedule to make sure that you don’t already have another hearing that day.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)