Aug 5, 2009, 4:32 PM EDT
* CBS2.com in Los Angeles has some footage of an irate Prince Fielder trying to force his way into the Dodgers’ clubhouse to confront Guillermo Mota after being plunked with one out remaining in a 17-4 blowout last night. It took two teammates and a security guard to stop the 270-pound Fielder, who was still in uniform.
* Because the Mets won’t be satisfied until every player in the entire organization is on the disabled list, Jon Niese left this afternoon’s start in the second inning with a hamstring strain. We’re like two more injuries away from Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez coming out of the broadcast booth to play.
* Jason Giambi is ready to come off the disabled list, but the A’s may not want him back after the 38-year-old hit just .193/.332/.364 through 328 plate appearances.
* Chico Harlan of the Washington Post has an interesting look at the last remaining trace of the Expos.
* Jared Remy, who was recently fired by the Red Sox after being implicated in steroid use, revealed yesterday that his father and television announcer Jerry Remy is now cancer free.
* If you’re into Twitter, check me out
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 15
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 25
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)