Aug 5, 2009, 4:32 PM EDT
* CBS2.com in Los Angeles has some footage of an irate Prince Fielder trying to force his way into the Dodgers’ clubhouse to confront Guillermo Mota after being plunked with one out remaining in a 17-4 blowout last night. It took two teammates and a security guard to stop the 270-pound Fielder, who was still in uniform.
* Because the Mets won’t be satisfied until every player in the entire organization is on the disabled list, Jon Niese left this afternoon’s start in the second inning with a hamstring strain. We’re like two more injuries away from Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez coming out of the broadcast booth to play.
* Jason Giambi is ready to come off the disabled list, but the A’s may not want him back after the 38-year-old hit just .193/.332/.364 through 328 plate appearances.
* Chico Harlan of the Washington Post has an interesting look at the last remaining trace of the Expos.
* Jared Remy, who was recently fired by the Red Sox after being implicated in steroid use, revealed yesterday that his father and television announcer Jerry Remy is now cancer free.
* If you’re into Twitter, check me out
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?