Aug 5, 2009, 4:32 PM EDT
* CBS2.com in Los Angeles has some footage of an irate Prince Fielder trying to force his way into the Dodgers’ clubhouse to confront Guillermo Mota after being plunked with one out remaining in a 17-4 blowout last night. It took two teammates and a security guard to stop the 270-pound Fielder, who was still in uniform.
* Because the Mets won’t be satisfied until every player in the entire organization is on the disabled list, Jon Niese left this afternoon’s start in the second inning with a hamstring strain. We’re like two more injuries away from Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez coming out of the broadcast booth to play.
* Jason Giambi is ready to come off the disabled list, but the A’s may not want him back after the 38-year-old hit just .193/.332/.364 through 328 plate appearances.
* Chico Harlan of the Washington Post has an interesting look at the last remaining trace of the Expos.
* Jared Remy, who was recently fired by the Red Sox after being implicated in steroid use, revealed yesterday that his father and television announcer Jerry Remy is now cancer free.
* If you’re into Twitter, check me out
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 5
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 35
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 89
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)