Aug 6, 2009, 10:43 AM EDT
When the Cubs picked B.J. Ryan up off the scrap heap last month, some folks were hoping that he’d turn into this year’s version of the late-2008 Jim Edmonds. Unfortunately, he was more like this year’s version of the early-2008 Edmonds, and he has now asked for, and received, his release.
Don’t worry about him though. He’ll be very comfortable living off of the five-year, $47 million contract the Blue Jays rather foolishly gave him at the end of 2005.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming