Aug 6, 2009, 10:43 AM EST
When the Cubs picked B.J. Ryan up off the scrap heap last month, some folks were hoping that he’d turn into this year’s version of the late-2008 Jim Edmonds. Unfortunately, he was more like this year’s version of the early-2008 Edmonds, and he has now asked for, and received, his release.
Don’t worry about him though. He’ll be very comfortable living off of the five-year, $47 million contract the Blue Jays rather foolishly gave him at the end of 2005.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)