Aug 6, 2009, 10:43 AM EDT
When the Cubs picked B.J. Ryan up off the scrap heap last month, some folks were hoping that he’d turn into this year’s version of the late-2008 Jim Edmonds. Unfortunately, he was more like this year’s version of the early-2008 Edmonds, and he has now asked for, and received, his release.
Don’t worry about him though. He’ll be very comfortable living off of the five-year, $47 million contract the Blue Jays rather foolishly gave him at the end of 2005.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11